STEPHANIE UNGARO
Serving with YWAM Australia

Friday, December 17, 2010

Faithfulness

Let me fill you in on what's happening with fundraising...

Fundraising Update

Our finances were due last week, but we were given some extra time for those who were still raising funds. As a school, we did 3 fundraisers: a breakfast, a car wash, and sold sunscreen door-to-door. We raised about $2,200.00 overall to be distributed among those in our class who were still in need. We worked hard, and it was well worth the effort in the end! Praise God!

Cooking for the Breakfast: Moira and Justin

SOE Car Wash

Back home, my sister-in-law, Melissa did a "cookie sale" for me at work. She is an AMAZING baker and really went all out, making all different kinds of cookies for donation. It was a huge success, raising $250!

This is a photo of the cookies that she made. Don't these look incredible?? YUM!

Aside from this, I prayed A LOT, on my own and consistently with my school and as a base. We had countless prayer times for release of finances here on base. God gave me strategies during one specific prayer time when He dropped the idea of doing a Christmas ornament sale at church. My Mom put this into action for me, and it has raised over $1,000.00! I also heard that people are initiating their own fundraisers for me: a craft sale at church, and the OCC Night at Dickens to have some of the proceeds of the tickets go towards the ministry. I can't describe the overwhelming feeling of love and support I feel from people at home who want to partner with me. It's an incredible thing to see God at work. I have come to love the process because it's not just one quick fix to raise the money, it's everyone working together as the Body of Christ.

All together, I raised $2,500.00 through fundraising efforts. My parents sold my Toyota Highlander to Carmax over the weekend and I was able to cover the remaining $2,000.00 with the money from my car. ALL glory to God for His amazing provision! I am so thankful.

So, with all this said... I AM GOING TO MEXICO!!! We leave in just 10 days.

MORE amazing news: Everyone on my school was miraculously provided for in various ways. Justin and Bree were still raising lecture fees, and were told about a week ago that someone covered everything, both lecture and outreach. How amazing is that??

We have two teams, a Perth outreach team, and a Mexico outreach team. Staying in Perth are Stephen, Bree, Justin, with outreach leaders Danny and Amy; Going to Mexico are Nathan, James, Myrriah, Ryan, Moira, and myself, with outreach leader Eric. We will be in Mexico for 6 weeks, then meet up with the Perth team and finish our outreach in Perth.

This next week is outreach preparation, then we celebrate Christmas, then leave on Tuesday, December 28th for Mexico. Please be praying as we prepare to leave! We are all very excited.

Bless you and THANK YOU for all your prayers. Merry Christmas!

Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment