STEPHANIE UNGARO
Serving with YWAM Australia

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm At Home

"I'm at home when you're with me. When I'm with you, worries fade away..."

I am back in Australia and feel completely at home. A wave of peace came over me as the plane landed, like I was spiritually connected to the ground. There is nothing like experiencing the center of God's will. I know I am right where God wants me and it's an amazing feeling.

I spent last week in the Gold Coast, visiting the base before flying off to Perth. I worked at the base this week, helping them out with anything they needed. Just getting a feel for what staffing will be like and getting things prepared for when I come back after the SOE. I can't even describe to you the joy I felt being back at YWAM Gold Coast. I feel completely part of a family there- peace, joy, security, belonging. I know this base is home, and I am so glad I was able to stop by and be reminded of what God spoke to me about coming back to staff.

I also spent the week in prayer that God would prepare my heart for the School of Evangelism. More than anything right now, I want to remain close to God, hearing his guidance and direction and allow him to work in my heart in whatever way will conform me into the servant he has called me to be. I want to receive each and every thing He intended for me to take from this school. I want to be better equipped to be God's hand to reach the lost, loving them in extravagant ways.

I am also praying for finances to come in. The due date for the lecture phase is this Friday and I am still about $1,200 short. The school leader told me I can get an extension, but the sooner the better. Please pray with me for the funds to come in at the right time.

So yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, I arrived in Perth to do my SOE. This base is much different than YWAM Gold Coast... it is huge! I feel like I am at a college campus. I am staying in a dorm with 30 girls. The building (called the "228") is really nice... it has a nice layout with a living area in the middle, big kitchen and dining table in the back, and two big rooms on either side where all the beds are set up. The bedrooms have a living area and walls that divide the room up a bit. I am on a top bunk and am settling in to my space.

Being YWAM, it is very multicultural in my dorm and around the base with people from all over the world. I met a few of the other students in my school... Moira from Holland, Kersti and Amy from the US (staff), Miles, Moriah and Kyle from the US, and Danny our school leader from Australia, who is amazing and made us all feel very welcome. There are a lot of Americans on my school I am realizing. I am excited to meet all the other students!

Right now, it is Sunday morning and I am sitting at the dining room table with 4 other girls eating breakfast and talking about our experiences with YWAM. This evening, Danny is having the SOE students over to his house for a barbecue so we can all meet each other, which I am excited about. Our school starts tomorrow and will probably consist of an orientation to the schedule and course material. I am looking forward to getting started and getting into a routine.

Well, that is all for now! I will let you know how classes go this week.

Thank you all for praying. It is your prayers that have gotten me here and I am incredibly grateful.

Bless you all,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment